Step-by-Step tutorial to crack a WiFi password using 8cracker WiFi tool

I made this post to help other enthusiasts secure some knowledge in how they can crack a WiFi password when they get locked out or forget their password. I got locked out of my own Router a few weeks ago. I had setup some hard security checks before I can reset the password, and due to some reasons, I wasn't ready to press the reset button at the back of my router. 

That's when I got to thinking, can I crack my forgotten password?

After a afew hours of writing and debugging of some powerful scripts, I realized that my no WiFi password is truly secured. You should bear in mind that this tutorial is based on a PC or laptop with Intel GPU, on an Arch Linux. (Sure to work on Debian distros)

This guide isn't to assist you in intruding into unauthorized WLAN networks, it's be used appropriately, for education purposes.

⚠️ Disclaimer: This content is for educational and defensive purposes only. The goal is to raise awareness, not to promote illegal activities.


1. Prerequisites 

Make sure you have these installed in your Kali Linux:

  • EndeavorOS or Arch Linux installed. (Sure to work if on Debian)
  • WiFi adapter (RTL8188)



2. Install the Dependencies for this script to work

This installs and sets up the Aircrack-ng, hcxtools, Intel Runtime Compute and ocl-icd. Open your terminal and run these commands:

    i.) Install command

  • sudo pacman -S hcxtools aircrack-ng intel-compute-runtime ocl-icd git 

    ii.) Clone the password generator script and install the 8cracker tool:

            Installation link: https://github.com/the-hollowclan/8cracker

  • git clone https://github.com/the-hollowclan/8cracker && cd 8cracker 

    iii.) First install modernized CrunchWL tool to generate the wordlist file using this link https://github.com/its-ernest/crunchwl. The script I wrote is capable of generating any kind of password, nearly a universal cracker. 

  • sudo crunchwl --chars "abdeilmpqrs1234567890." --min-wildcard 8 --max-wildcard 8 --output rockyou.txt  
    I set minimum and max length 8 bcos I was 100% sure that my forgotten password was 8 characters long. The --chars parameter was set to abdeilmpqrs1234567890 because I had some clue that my password contained combination of those characters but I just didn't remember the right password. 
    If you don't have any clues of the forgotten password, you can just set the characters and lenghts however you want. For e.g: 
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890@. If you have clues like I did, congrats, you have just saved about 2 hours of sitting down sipping coffee and waiting for the script to finish cracking the password. 
    iv.) Run the Tool after Crunch WL has finished

  • Run this command and follow the on-screen instructions to crack the WiFi password:
    sudo 8cracker 

Video tutorial:

Click on the Link to Watch the Tutorial video in Telegram free:


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post